2015 WISE SUMMIT
Location: Doha, Qatar
Global investment in education in the last century has contributed significantly to economic growth helping lift billions of people out of poverty. Despite this success, there are still large pockets of neglect, underperformance and underinvestment.
Stronger global action is needed to reinforce weak education systems, to open opportunities to new players, to develop a “job-ready” talent pool amid persisting inequality and marginalization, to nurture global citizens and support wider economic progress.
Furthermore, WISE 2015 will be the first global education conference following the ratification of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in September 2015. The annual Summit will be an ideal opportunity for the global education community to identify practical and concrete ways to achieve the new education priorities of the SDGs.
WISE 2015 Sessions and Plenaries will be designed around three main pillars:
- The UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Education and the economy
- Fostering innovation in education systems
Each pillar will further examine a variety of key topics including:
- The linkages between education, employment, and entrepreneurship
- Education reform and innovation in the MENA region and Qatar
- Emerging models of education financing
- Attracting, rewarding and retaining quality teachers
- The importance of investing in early childhood development
Education Above All Foundation (EAA) will open its third edition of the EAA Village at the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) on 4th November 2015 at the Qatar National Convention Centre.
Plenary and Sessions Schedule:
- Wednesday 4 November, 11:30-12:45 - Day 1, Auditorium 1
EAA Poverty Session: “Current Education Financing Mechanisms & Promising Options”
- Wednesday 4 November, 14:15-15:30 - Day 1, Auditorium 1
EAA Quality Session: “Transcending the Crisis Mindset: Measuring Results Post-Conflict”
- Thursday, 5 November, 09:00-10.30 - Day 2, Theatre
EAA Plenary Session: “Education Violence and Conflict – from Daunting Challenge to Effective Response”
- Thursday, 5 November, 10:45-12:00 - Day 2, Auditorium 1
EAA Conflict Session: “Attacks on Education: Improving Data, Improving Response”
Full agenda avilable here.